Monday, April 8, 2013

Introduction

In October of 2011, I had my sister create this blog for me as an option to a Publications class in Graduate School. I was so excited that I could have a place to write about the adventures my kids and I take on the weekends throughout Utah. But, of course, life gets in the way and over a year and a half has gone by and I am just beginning to blog. As a single mom and full-time graduate student there has been little time to explore with my kids. But last fall my son, and oldest child, was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, part of the Autism Spectrum. So above and beyond his Albinism and legal blindness, I was learning to understand another disability and how to work with him. I have learned quite a bit, but I know there is so much more to learn and understand. So with this new diagnoses and the need to learn more and possibly help other parents with what has worked for us, I begin to write this blog. I hope it can help and maybe there are parents out there who can help me and give me advice. So here's our story.

No comments:

Post a Comment